Seeds of Peace Camp is seeking an on-site Nurse Practitioner, RN, PA, MD or equivalent to become part of our team.
We are seeking Camp medical staff to provide high quality camper and staff care as part of the Health Center team this summer. This position will be working with a team of nurses, with telemedicine support from a local pediatrics office. The Health Center supports our entire Camp community, including campers and staff members from different racial, economic, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
Following this challenging year, we believe it is more important than ever to create space for young people to come together to build community, share perspectives, and gain the skills to make change. Seeds of Peace Camp creates an inclusive environment for youth from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities to come together to participate in dialogue, waterfront, arts, sports, and community-building activities in a supportive Camp environment. We are seeking a passionate medical professional to join our special and inspiring team.
- Participate in staff training to deliver information on medical services
- Conduct COVID-19 on-site testing and symptoms monitoring
- Implement COVID-19 protocols and communicable disease plans as necessary
- Screen all campers and staff who are arriving and departing camp during the sessions
- Review, process and keep files of participant health records and related paperwork
- Follow health care policies/procedures as described in the Healthcare Manual and treatment procedures
- Organize, manage and stock infirmary and first aid supplies as is required for serving the health and medical needs of all summer participants
- Administer daily medications and keep daily medical log for all treatments and medications
- Provide injury management for campers and staff
- Responsible for contacting parents concerning camper health status as needed
Possible Physical Aspects of the Job
- Ability to lift or assist campers and staff
- Ability to use a telephone, smart phone, computer/email and fax machine
- Ability to quickly get to remote locations on camp property over uneven terrain
- Observe and assess sanitation and safety conditions of the Camp
- Ability to communicate with guardians, staff, and administration about participant health concerns
- Possess endurance to meet emergency needs
- RN, MD, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, or LPN
- Current CPR or PALS certification
- Experience with both pediatric and adult acute injury care
- Desire to and/or experience working with young adults
- Experience and sensitivity working with diverse populations
- Awareness of intersection of mental health and physical health in adolescents
- Willingness to work in Camp environment in rustic setting, including some night shifts
- Has licensure from compact state with Maine and/or willing and able to become licensed RN in the state of Maine (Seeds of Peace will compensate for licensure). View the list of compact states.
- Live on-site next to one of the most beautiful lakes in Maine
- Private room and board and contracted rate included
- Work with amazing people from all over the United States
$10,000-$12,000 (depending on experience) for the entirety of the Camp season (June 18 – August 4, 2022, including a one week break in between sessions and a day off each week).
Shorter terms and commitments welcome; if you are available for 1-2 weeks or more this summer, please reach out to us! Pro-rated rates available.
If you would like to inquiry about possibilities for this role, have any questions or would like to apply, please send your resume to Jenilee Sirois Camp Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.